- 14th Annual AMS Student Conference
The student conference is a benefit of AMS membership and will provide junior and senior undergraduate and first-year graduate students with information for and insights into making effective career decisions.
- Third Annual AMS Conference for Early Career Professionals
- Sunday, 4 January 2015
- Town Hall Meeting: New Ideas Forum: Networking and Idea Exchange for Student and Early Career Members
- Tuesday, 6 January 2015; 12:15–1:15 p.m.; Room 126A
We are introducing The New Ideas Forum as a way for attendees to provide a brief, informal overview of their current and future interests in a collegial setting. Informal discussions are encouraged across all aspects of our discipline, including basic science, applied science, education, new technology, policy interests, or future directions you feel our field may be headed.
- AMS Career Fair
- Sunday, 4 January; North Ballroom AB of the Phoenix Convention Center
This event offers a convenient way for meeting attendees to explore available career and graduate school opportunities with representatives from academic institutions, government agencies and companies in the field.
- Student Award Opportunities
Many conferences offer award certificates and cash prizes for the best student oral and poster presentations at the conference.
- Student Assistant Program
- Deadline Passed
Being a student assistant is fun and educationally rewarding, but it is also a demanding job! If you are interested in helping AMS staff at the Annual, the application deadline date is 3 October 2014. You must be a 2015 member before applying.
- Student Travel Grants
- Deadline Passed
Travel grants are available for current senior undergraduate and graduate students to attend the 95th AMS Annual Meeting. The application deadline date was 3 October 2014. You must be a 2015 member before applying.