- Join Us in Seattle
Join us next year at the 97th AMS Annual Meeting in Seattle! 22–26 January, 2017
- Recorded Presentations
Miss a talk? Recorded presentations are now available. Free to watch by anyone!
- Thank You
We would like to thank everyone for attending the 96th AMS Annual Meeting in New Orleans.
- Annual Theme
Embracing “Earth System Science in Service to Society” in New Orleans.
The AMS 96th Annual Meeting 10–14 January, 2016 New Orleans, LA
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
We would like to thank everyone for attending the 96th AMS Annual Meeting in New Orleans. We are proud to have been able to bring together a record number of attendees, speakers, and exhibitors from the weather, water, and climate community to share, learn, and collaborate, and hope you had a great time with your friends and colleagues.
Blog Posts from The Front Page
- 15 January 2016
- 96th Annual Meeting One for the Record Books
- New Orleans knows how to draw a crowd. The 96th AMS Annual Meeting brought together more than 5,000 members of the weather, water, and climate community for a week of activity in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Total attendance came in at a record-breaking 3,780, with the student conference drawing approximately 800 attendees. In […]
- 14 January 2016
- Be Diverse and Follow Opportunity
- by Kyle Brown, Valparaiso University, AMS Communications Intern You’re no longer likely to be “just” a forecaster, broadcaster, or researcher over the course of your career in this field. That mobility—or, as some might say, instability—of working in the water, weather, and climate field was a key point from Wednesday’s AMS Presidential Town Hall meeting. […]
- 14 January 2016
- There’s a (Weather) App for That
- By Alex Adams, Western Illinois University, AMS Communications Intern If you go to any app store and search for weather apps, you will have thousands and thousands of suggestions thrown at you, ranging from home screen weather widgets; to big, multifunctional weather apps; to small independent apps, and everything in between. For about 99.99% of […]