Papers for this conference are solicited on
The $95 abstract fee (payable by credit card or purchase order) is refundable only if your abstract is not accepted.
Your fee includes your abstract, extended abstract (optional), and your recorded oral presentation posted to the online program which is available to all visitors for free.
Partial travel support (of up to $550 each) and two prizes (of $200 each) will be awarded in recognition of outstanding abstracts and oral presentations at the IOAS-AOLS conference.
1. Full-time undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at a University
2. Lead author, personally presenting the work,
3. Submission of an abstract to a session in which IOAS-AOLS is the lead conference
The student needs to indicate whether they wish to be considered for travel support and/or the best student paper prize. For those who are requesting partial travel support, in addition to the above conditions, the IOAS-AOLS co-chairs will review the abstract to determine how their work meets one or more of the following focus areas:
1. Observing Systems: atmosphere, ocean and land surface, in situ and remote. Comparisons with other observing systems.
2. Data Assimilation: New developments in methodology; research and operational applications on all spatial and temporal scales.
3. Numerical analysis and prediction experiments involving observations: data impact and observation sensitivity tests.
4. Observing System Simulation Experiments (OSSEs).
5. Field Experiments: observational and assimilation results.
The two awards for the best oral presentation will be selected based on the originality and depth of research accomplished; the quality of the oral presentation; and the quality of the slides in the presentation.
For additional information please contact the program chairperson(s), Dr. Robert Atlas, (email: Robert.email@example.com), Prof. Sharanya Majumdar (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), Kenneth Carey (email: email@example.com)