97th AMS Annual Meeting | 22–26 January 2017 | Seattle, WA
Fifth Symposium on the Joint Center for Satellite Data Assimilation
view in conference program
Papers for this conference are solicited on:
- Development of innovative methods for assimilating satellite observations for environmental analysis and prediction;
- Assessment of the impact of satellite data on numerical weather prediction (NWP) skill;
- Development of common tools and infrastructure to enhance and accelerate satellite data assimilation efforts in operational systems;
- Successful transitions of research to operational assimilation of satellite data;
- Assimilation of satellite data to improve the analysis and forecast of land surfaces, oceans, and air quality.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 17 August 2016
Acceptance Emails Sent: late-September 2016
The $95 abstract fee (payable by credit card or purchase order) is refundable only if your abstract is not accepted.
Your fee includes your abstract, extended abstract (optional), and your recorded oral presentation posted to the online program which is available to all visitors for free.
Student Award Opportunities
For additional information please contact the program chairperson(s), Dr. James Yoe (email: James.G.Yoe@NOAA.gov) and Dr. Tom Auligne (email: Thomas.Auligne@NOAA.gov).