25th Conference on Probability and Statistics
Call for Papers
Papers for this conference are solicited on:
- Statistical applications relevant to any area of atmospheric science, but particularly to communicating probabilistic information and predictive skill
- New statistical applications or methodologies are of particular interest including statistical applications related to the following topics
- sub-seasonal to seasonal (S2S) prediction and predictability
- ensemble and multi-model ensemble forecasting methods
- ensemble post-processing, artificial intelligence, machine-learning and decision making
- process-oriented model evaluation and prediction
- extreme value analysis and prediction
- climate change and non-stationarity in analysis and prediction
- statistically derived forecasts
- decision support and climate services
- handling observational uncertainty
- metrics for convection allowing prediction (CAMs)
- score-carding and indexing
- revision series analysis, forecast consistency, big data and other topics of probability, statistics and verification.
- Statistics and Artificial Intelligence: Joint Session with the 17th Conference on Artificial and Computational Intelligence and its Applications to the Environmental Sciences
The 25th Conference on Probability and Statistics is organized by the AMS Committees on Probability and Statistics.
For additional information please contact the program chairpersons, Tara Jensen (email@example.com), Matt Peroutka (firstname.lastname@example.org), Scott Sellars (email@example.com), or Elizabeth Satterfield (Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org).