The American Meteorological Society (AMS) is committed to, and benefits from the full and equitable participation of a diverse community in its membership, in its activities, and in the audiences that it serves.
Plans for making the 102nd Annual Meeting inclusive for all include:
- Any meeting participant will be able to honor the languages they speak as well as preferred gender pronouns with a sticker for their badge
- AMS will be offering childcare grants to assist conference attendees who will incur additional expenses by virtually attending and/or presenting at the Annual Meeting. Limited funds are available, and preference is given to applicants in the early stages of their career. As a secondary criterion, preference will be given to applicants who explain clearly why a grant to support childcare, dependent care, or their own assistance is necessary.
- AMS Meetings staff arranges accessibility accommodations in accordance with the ADA.
- AMS has developed and continually enforces its policy Professional and Respectful Conduct at AMS Meetings.
- During the Third Symposium on Diversity and Inclusion, sessions that are cross-cutting between DEI, belongingness, and accessibility (DEIBA) and the geophysical sciences will take place. The intent is to create joint sessions between underrepresented communities and the geophysical processes that impact them. For more information, visit the Third Symposium on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion webpage.