11th Conference on Space Weather Student Awards
The AMS Committee on Space Weather is proud to announce some wonderful student opportunities available:
Travel Funding Assistance for Students:
Applications are currently being accepted for two student travel awards to attend and present at the 11th Conference on Space Weather, which will be held 2–6 February 2014, as part of the 94th AMS Annual Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia. Two $750 travel awards will be given to help defray the cost of attending the conference. The selected students will be reimbursed by AMS after the conference with proper receipts. To be eligible, applicants must be Student Members of the American Meteorological Society and enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at the time of the application.
To apply, collect in a single PDF document the following:
1. Presentation abstract.
2. One paragraph statement of why you wish to attend the meeting
3. Statement of commitment to attend the meeting if you are awarded the travel award.
4. Letter of recommendation from your advisor.
5. Contact information
The application PDF is submitted to Prof. Richard Clark (Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "Space Weather Travel Award Application" for evaluation by members of the AMS Committee on Space Weather.
Applications must be received by 9 August, 2013 to be considered. Decisions will be made by 23 August 2013.
Awards for Best Poster and Oral Presentations:
Award certificates and cash prizes will be given for the best student oral and poster presentations.
Contenders for the award will have to:
1. Be the Lead author and presenting the work
2. Indicate on their abstract submission that they wish to be considered for student competition.
3. Submission of an abstract to a session in which Space Weather is the lead conference.