The Thursday Networking Breakouts will take place from 10:00-10:30am (Eastern) in the virtual event platform. The general theme for the Thursday Networking Breakouts is "Strengthening Engagement with Communities through Our Science and Service." These are the breakouts you will be able to attend:
- Teaching K-12 Students with
Jared Rennie! Join Jared and discuss your experiences in teaching.
- Highs and Lows of Higher Ed- Come discuss your thoughts on Higher Ed with your colleagues!
- Role of Informal Education
- Weather Enterprise Public Service with Rex Horner!
- Climate Change and Society's Perception- Come discuss climate change with
Bob Henson and Bernadette Woods Placky
- Let's get Hitched with Bill Hooke! Community engagement works best when founded on long-term commitment, much like a successful marriage. AMS has assets uniquely suited to this approach: local chapters, broadcasters, K-12 teachers, Policy Colloquium alumni, and much more. Do you agree? Disagree? Come and offer your support, your refinements, and/or your better ideas.
- Water Cooler Chat- Want to chat about something else? Jump on this Zoom and chat with your colleagues for a more informal networking experience.
If you have any questions or are interested in being a moderator for one of these Networking Breakouts please contact Marissa Welch.
After reviewing all topics please take a moment to let us know which Networking Breakouts are of interest to you by completing this form.