The Tuesday Networking Breakouts will take place from 10:00-10:30am (Eastern) in the virtual event platform. The general theme for the Tuesday Networking Breakouts is "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion." These are the breakouts you will be able to attend:
The aim of this session is to foster cross cultural communication and to promote ethnic diversity and acceptance so we can all learn from each other and educate ourselves on the tangible benefits of a diverse and integrated culture. We invite attendees to share their experiences, tell anecdotes or discuss programs about bringing people from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds in a positive and enriching way. We will discuss ideas for creating a more diverse and inclusive environment, leading to a better understanding and appreciation of cultural differences.
Here is how I plan to run the session:
1. Start with an introduction on cultural diversity and then show a video documentary showcasing that
2. Speak about the tangible benefits of diversity, and I can tell one or two short anecdotes
3. Invite attendees to share anecdotes, stories, about cultural diversity in a positive way; discuss programs that promote cultural diversity, etc.
4. Toward the end show a video of cross cultural musical diversity (I will explain what the music is about)
5. Close with some final thoughts and where do we go from here
If you have any questions or are interested in being a moderator for one of these Networking Breakouts please contact Marissa Welch.
After reviewing all topics please take a moment to let us know which Networking Breakouts are of interest to you by completing this form.