13th Conference on Space Weather
View in the Scientific Program
Authors & Presenters
Please review our Presenter Guidelines.
Please note that abstract fees are only refundable if your abstract is rejected for presentation and Any abstracts withdrawn after acceptance must still be paid in full.
- Check/Change Abstract Title and Author Listing Deadline: 2 November 2015
- Oral Presentation Upload Deadline (before meeting): 4 January 2016
- Supplementary Information Upload Deadline 11 February 2015
Sponsors and Organizers
The 13th Conference on Space Weather is organized by the AMS Committee on Space Weather and is sponsored by the American Meteorological Society.
Call for Papers
The theme for the 2016 AMS Annual Meeting, “Earth System Science in Service to Society,” weaves the many parts of AMS into a common core. Emphasizing the academic and research strength of AMS, the theme also connects that research to the benefits that society gains from our science. AMS merges the physical, chemical, and biological study of the Earth with human-centered “domains of action”: (1) Observing, (2) Analysis and research leading to understanding, (3) Modeling and prediction, and (4) Social sciences – how people deal with Earth. Following this theme, the Conference on Space Weather will solicit papers the following topics:
- Success stories and lessons learned in Research to Operations (R2O)
- Impacts of space weather
- Social science & space weather
- Advances in space weather observations, modeling, and prediction
- General contributions
Student Award Opportunities
The AMS Committee on Space Weather will offer the following student opportunities for travel assistance and awards:
Travel Funding Assistance for Students:
Applications are currently being accepted for a student travel award to attend and present at the 13th Conference on Space Weather, which will be held 10-14 January 2016, as part of the 96th AMS Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA. One travel award ($600) will be given to help defray the cost of attending the conference. The selected student will be reimbursed by AMS after the conference with proper receipts. To be eligible, applicants must be Student Members of the American Meteorological Society and enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at the time of the application.
To apply, collect in a single PDF document the following:
1. Presentation abstract.
2. One paragraph statement of why you wish to attend the meeting
3. Statement of commitment to attend the meeting if you are awarded the travel award.
4. Letter of recommendation from your advisor.
5. Contact information
The application PDF is submitted to Prof. Richard Clark ([email protected]) with the subject line "Space Weather Travel Award Application" for evaluation by members of the AMS Committee on Space Weather.
Applications must be received by 7 August 2015 to be considered. Decisions will be made by 28 August 2015.
Awards for Best Poster and Oral Presentations:
Award certificates and cash prizes will be given for the best student oral and poster presentations.
Contenders for the award will have to:
1. Be the Lead author and presenting the work
2. Indicate on their abstract submission that they wish to be considered for student competition.
3. Submission of an abstract to a session in which Space Weather is the lead conference.
Students are asked at the time of the abstract submission if they want to be considered for the above awards
For additional information please contact the program chairpersons, Bob McCoy or Genene Fisher.