Special Sessions/Programs of General Interest
- 15th Presidential Forum: Will Weather Change Forever—Anticipating Meteorology in 2040
- Monday, 5 January, 9:00–10:30 A.M.; North Ballroom CD
- Arizona Science Center Reception
- Monday, 5 January, 7:00–10:30 P.M.; Arizona Science Center IMax Theater
All are invited to attend the reception at the Arizona Science Center which will feature a demonstration of Water Sim—an interactive decision support tool for water resources and "23|5 Talks," an hour-long set of public talks will follow the format of the well-known Technology, Entertainment, Design (TED) talks. This year, our speakers will present topics of interest to the general public and Phoenix in particular.
- Meet the President
- Tuesday–Thursday, 6–8 January; Room 126A
- 2015 AMS Themed Joint Sessions
- Monday–Thursday, 5–8 January
- Core Science Keynotes
The Core Science Keynotes series is a new element of the AMS Annual Meeting. It is intended to highlight, discipline by discipline, the foundational knowledge and research challenges that drive our field forward as a whole.
- AMS Career Fair
- Sunday, 4 January; North Ballroom AB of the Phoenix Convention Center
This event offers a convenient way for meeting attendees to explore available career and graduate school opportunities with representatives from academic institutions, government agencies and companies in the field.
- Daily Weather Briefings
- Monday–Thursday, 5–8 January, 12:45–1:05 P.M.; Room 132AB
- Book Signings
- AMS Resource Center and AMS Exhibit Hall 5
The authors of some of your favorite AMS books will be at the Annual Meeting in Phoenix. Come to the AMS Resource Center in the Exhibit Hall to meet them and have your books signed!
- Harry R. Glahn Symposium: The Evolution of Postprocessing Methods in Weather Forecasting and Analysis
- Tuesday, 6 January, 8:30 A.M.–5:30 P.M.; Room 211A
- Eugenia Kalnay Symposium
- Wednesday, 7 January, 8:30 A.M.–5:30 P.M.; Room 229A
- Women in the Atmospheric Sciences Luncheon: The Evolving Role of Women in the Weather, Water, and Climate Enterprise
- Wednesday, 7 January, 12:00–1:30 P.M.; Room 213AB