Abstracts are closed! The deadline was 31 August 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT.
Abstract Fee and Author Instructions
All presenters must also register for the meeting.
The 23rd Symposium on Meteorological Observation and Instrumentation is sponsored by the American Meteorological Society and organized by the AMS Committee on Measurements.
Papers for the 23rd Symposium on Meteorological Observation and Instrumentation are solicited on the following:
· The Role of Community Weather in the Weather Enterprise;
· Emerging Measurement Technologies and Data Visualization Methods;
· Frontiers in Measurement of Fire Weather and Wildfires;
· Innovative Tropical Cyclone Observing Systems and Technologies;
· Integrated Measurement Systems for Informing Operations and Decision Making, Including Extreme Events;
· Integrating Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) into Meteorology;
· Intercomparison, Calibration, and Uncertainties of Instruments;
· Microwave Remote Sensing Observations for Air-Sea Interaction and Marine Boundary Layer Investigations;
· Other Topics On Meteorological Observation And Instrumentation;
· Remote Sensing of the Atmosphere;
· Results from Recent Field Projects;
· Scoping Boundary-Layers in the Dark and Cold Arctic Conditions. Field Experiments and First Results.
The Committee on Measurements welcomes abstract submissions from undergraduate and post-graduate students. Awards will recognize three outstanding presentations given by students in each of the oral and poster mediums. Students must be enrolled at a college or university and must be the lead author or presenter of the work. Registrants should indicate their eligibility for student awards when submitting their abstracts. Award recipients will be informed of the committee's decision one week following the annual meeting.
The Committee on Measurements is also awarding two travel grants of $500 to attend the annual meeting in Denver, CO January 7th - 12th 2023. To apply, students (Undergraduate and Post-Graduate) should prepare a short written statement (no more then one page) declaring their financial need and circumstance, relevance of their research to the conference, how they will benefit from attending the conference and a copy of their abstract for the meeting.
Deadline for applications: October 15th 2022
Recipients will be notified on or before: November 1st 2022