Abstracts were due on August 8, 2018.
Author and Presenter Instructions
The 23rd Conference on Integrated Observing and Assimilation Systems for the Atmosphere, Oceans, and Land Surface (IOAS-AOLS) is sponsored by the American Meteorological Society.
Papers for this conference are solicited on the following:
Partial travel support (of up to $550 each) and two prizes (of $200 each) will be awarded in recognition of outstanding abstracts and oral presentations at the IOAS-AOLS conference.
1. Full-time undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at a University
2. Lead author, personally presenting the work
3. Submission of an abstract to a session in which IOAS-AOLS is the lead conference
The student needs to indicate whether they wish to be considered for travel support and/or the best student paper prize. For those who are requesting partial travel support, in addition to the above conditions, the IOAS-AOLS co-chairs will review the abstract to determine how their work meets one or more of the following focus areas:
1. Observing Systems: atmosphere, ocean and land surface, in situ and remote. Comparisons with other observing systems.
2. Data Assimilation: New developments in methodology; research and operational applications on all spatial and temporal scales.
3. Numerical analysis and prediction experiments involving observations: data impact and observation sensitivity tests.
4. Observing System Simulation Experiments (OSSEs).
5. Field Experiments: observational and assimilation results.
The two awards for the best oral presentation will be selected based on the originality and depth of research accomplished; the quality of the oral presentation; and the quality of the slides in the presentation.
For additional information, please contact the program chairs: Bob Atlas (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sharan Majumdar (email: email@example.com).